Is my Cichlid tank really overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 Jack Dempsey, 1 Oscar, 2 Pleco(1 deceased), and 1 yellow striped Raphael Catfish. For equipment I have a fluval 300 watt set at 78 degrees, a fluval u2 in tank filter, fluval c4 filter, aquaclear 50 powerhead, and a 32 watt T8 48" bulb set on a 10 hour timer. I feed an array of frozen, pellet, fresh food switching off daily. I have never had a problem with algae or murky/cloudy water. My tank does not give off any negative odor. I perform a 50 percent water change weekly and interact with my fish Dailey. Please help!!

NOTE: I obtained the 2 Pleco and the Oscar from a friend who kept them in a 55 gallon with the water level at about half. Smh. One of the Plecos died about a year later after I recieved them.

You have already been advised in your other thread that your tank is indeed overstocked. Did you think a new thread would yield different results?!

I would not add anymore fish and look into upgrading your tank sooner rather than later if you wish to keep all those fish healthy and happy in the long run.

I wanted to provide much greater detail to yield more accurate answers.

Ben9 said:
I wanted to provide much greater detail to yield more accurate answers.

Posting what you feed and lighting doesn't change the fact your overstocked, you got some good and accurate answers in your last post from members like Hukit and Jeta.

No harm in getting multiple opinions. One thing to remember is that when people give stocking advice its usually based on the long term.

Its refreshing to know that you intend to be proactive about the situation, it's a mark of a great aquarist in my book.

This is reassuring advice as I am only 15 and have only been in this hobby for about 3 years. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom