Itungi lethrinops dying right now, HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I do not know what caused him to be so stressed out, the other lethrinops in the tank are doing fine. Water parameters are PERFECT! He started at the top of the tank, hiding in the corner, then he sank to the bottom. He was able to swim around some, but kept sinking to the bottom. I placed him in a cave so he could be in a safe dark place to try to calm down. Eventually he swam out, and I though great he's feeling better, but then lay on the bottom, and started going sideways, breathing heavily. I think it's a swim bladder issue, but I don't want it to be. I placed him back in the cave, and turned the lights off. From what I can see he is lying on the bottom of the cave, breathing heavily.
I added prime, and melafix hoping to distress him a little bit. Anything you can think of? I don't want him to die!

I do not know what caused him to be so stressed out, the other lethrinops in the tank are doing fine. Water parameters are PERFECT! He started at the top of the tank, hiding in the corner, then he sank to the bottom. He was able to swim around some, but kept sinking to the bottom. I placed him in a cave so he could be in a safe dark place to try to calm down. Eventually he swam out, and I though great he's feeling better, but then lay on the bottom, and started going sideways, breathing heavily. I think it's a swim bladder issue, but I don't want it to be. I placed him back in the cave, and turned the lights off. From what I can see he is lying on the bottom of the cave, breathing heavily.
I added prime, and melafix hoping to distress him a little bit. Anything you can think of? I don't want him to die!

Can you take him out and out in a hospital tank? Is he the only fish in the tank? You don't want to add chemicals. Have you checked your parameters? When was your last water change? Has he eaten? Prime and Melafix I wouldn't add as your not sure what your treating and Prime is just a water conditioner.

Test your water and do a water change. But those questions need to be answered.

Sorry I didn't get back, what a day yesterday. Long story short he survived. My last water change was the day before. I do not know why he was so stressed but he was. I ended up putting him in a small bucket, and have him a salt bath of 1 tbs per .5 gallons, after 2 hours, I put him back in the tank inside a cave to rest. He did not show again tell this morning but he is doing fine. I have 2 other in the tank who were fine the whole time, my water parameters were perfect. I mean perfect!! Just stress, I guess I should have mentioned I only got him 2 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom