J. Transcriptus mated pair!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelyeller89

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've been waiting for months and I think I have a mated pair. I'm working a new job and this is the first time I've really watched them in about a week. There is a larger and smaller keeping pretty close together. The smaller, which I thought I had read is the male, is throwing mouthfuls if sand out of a cave. Does this mean they will be laying eggs, or is this just regular behavior for a newly formed pair?

If they're hanging around the cave together they're most likely paired up and preparing to spawn. Incidentally, are they the "Gombe" transcriptus or one of the more peaceful ones?

I'm not really sure. This is what they look like. They're in a species only tank right now ( save for Goliath my Pleco) and they don't seem too horrible.

Attachments

• image-919595958.jpg
    image-919595958.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 116
Those are the smaller, relatively peaceful transcriptus. I got 2 groups of 6 of the Gombe's (at different times, months apart) and ended up with a single fish from each group after they were finished killing each other. Ironically, one was a male and the other a female, and they eventually paired up and spawned after I put the female into a 55 with the male.

Back
Top Bottom