Jack D. Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BradF

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 smaller jack dempseys in my new 75 gallon aquarium. I have lots of rocks and caves ect. My question is can I put ANYTHING else I can put in my tank. I know not much more stocking is recommended but wanted to know if anyone else has put anything in with a pair as the tank seems really empty right now. I know they're going to get very big and territorial but just wondering.

I have 2 smaller jack dempseys in my new 75 gallon aquarium. I have lots of rocks and caves ect. My question is can I put ANYTHING else I can put in my tank. I know not much more stocking is recommended but wanted to know if anyone else has put anything in with a pair as the tank seems really empty right now. I know they're going to get very big and territorial but just wondering.

The answer depends on your long term plans. If you intend to keep both Jack Dempseys in the tank through adulthood and are unwilling to rehome one of them or the new fish that you would introduce, then I would say not to add anything else.

If you are willing to rehome fish in the future, then it would make sense to add more. 2 small JD's in a 75 gallon sounds very underutilized and you might as well make the most out of you tank. You will have to make adjustments as they get larger though. If they are male/female and pair, then it would be even more essential.

Thanks, any suggestions for tank mates in the meantime? Also, how long before the would need to he re-housed?

Back
Top Bottom