Jack dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an 80 gallon tank with 4 silver dollars a black ghost knife which is about 4-6 inches long and I just acquired a juvenile jack Dempsey will it cause problems in my tank the jack Dempsey that is can any body help me out?

It may, it may not. The pnly prob would be with the bgk. But i think it will probably be fine. The bgk will eventually need a bigger tank though.

So you're saying that the jack might possibly go after the ghost? I'm not having that because I raised the ghost from a baby I've grown attached to him

So you're saying that the jack might possibly go after the ghost? I'm not having that because I raised the ghost from a baby I've grown attached to him

Like i said he may or hey may not. Most jacks are sissies anyway. Mine completely hid 24/7 until about 5" ten started coming out every once in a while. Just put him in and keep a very close eye on him

And how much of a bigger tank do you think he will need

I think he's going to be a handful because he's already killed 3 of my mystery snails and one was huge that's his footprint in the pic

image-577285220.jpg

Doesn't really bother him the ghost is normally in his cave but the jack will sit and stare in the opening I was thinking the ghost is to big for the jack to bother him he's 3x the size but the jack is growing fast

I try to keep him pretty full ill drop shrimp pellets in so he'll always have food in the tank but he's growing to quick from me doing that

When I got him he was about 2in he's now almost 3in I've had him not even a month yet

Here he is
image-4192243745.jpg

image-1390277221.jpg

Attachments

• image-2507510253.jpg
    image-2507510253.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom