Jack Dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wobzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I tell the sex of my jacks alil help?thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Females have blue "beards" blue covering the lower jaw and gill plates. little to know blue spangles on the top half of the body. Males have no blue on the gill plate and lower jaw but have blue spangles everywhere else.

Ok thanks um they both have blue in there faces around the gill area and head so I'm guessing I have to females

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409146267.487477.jpg
What does this look like male or female

Might be to small to tell for sure but looks like two males to me.

Really we'll now that u mention it the bigger one is nipping at the smaller one

When they get bigger the colors will come in better and you will know for sure.

Sweet so it would be better for me to wait till they get bigger couse I'm friends with the guy at the fish shop but there all the same size

Sweet so it would be better for me to wait till they get bigger couse I'm friends with the guy at the fish shop but there all the same size

Now you know how to ID them if you go in and find one that is obviously female then I would swap one out, otherwise I would give it some time.

JD's are usually cheap ($3.99 by me) if you are looking for a pair I would get 2 more wait for a pair to form and then trade in the others.

Here is my juvenile femaleImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409430456.445618.jpg

And also a 6" or so female. The spots will come all the way down the jaw line ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409430526.059361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom