Jack dempsey and green terror together in 50-55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
what i wanted are some big fish and i first decided on oscar a single oscar for that tank but then i researched a bit and found out the tank would be to small, then i decided on getting a jack dempsey cichlid and 2x MALE convicts together ….but THEN i started liking the green terror cichlid and here is the stock i am thinking about :

1x Male Jack Dempsey
1x Male Green Terror
1x Male convict (if there is room)

they would be alone in the tank together but IF i could add any more could i add a bottom dweller like a bristle nose ? just to clean the leftovers

PS. i would try to get them all as juveniles and let them grow up together

what do you guys think ?

Give them some decent hiding places and you could add a Firemouth

All good looking fish

I done it successfully with the Dempsey and the green terror now I got my green terror with a pair of convicts they get along fine. Convicts with the Dempsey I don't know as Dempsey are the most aggressive. Good luck all 3 are beautiful fish be sure to have a lot of hiding spaces

Wouldnt discount the aggression of convicts too much, they have been known to kill full size oscars when breeding.

They wouldnt be breeding in this tank :) but is this stock ok?

1x green terror

1x jack dempsey

1x convict

1x bristlenose pleco

For me this would be a dream stock !:)

Again all juviniles at first :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

They wouldnt be breeding in this tank :) but is this stock ok?

1x green terror

1x jack dempsey

1x convict

1x bristlenose pleco

For me this would be a dream stock !:)

Again all juviniles at first :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

As long as lots of hiding places you should be ok and keep a careful eye for any torn fins for awhile. Each fish should have a cave of some kind and additionally obstacles to evade a pursuer.

Back
Top Bottom