Jaguar Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumsB2cool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I was just wonderin if anyone has a jaguar cichlid and if they would like to share their experience with it and/or show some pictures. I'm not thinking of getting one but I find them interesting and don't know much about them(or south American cichlids in general). Thanks

Here are some pics of my Jag I just got him last week he is about 3"-4" He has turned really dark I like him allot. He is quite shy but he is starting to recognize me and is coming out more. I cant wait until he gets more size. He is in a 75 with a Female Jack Dempsey a Female Firemouth and a Wild Caught Oscar.

Attachments

• 2JAG012414.jpg
    2JAG012414.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 109
  • JAG012414.jpg
    JAG012414.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 109
  • JAGandJACK.jpg
    JAGandJACK.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Wild O12414.jpg
    Wild O12414.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 130
Nice Fish! I love wild Oscars and that Dempsey looks really healthy. Thanks for the pic

They're central american and easily my favorite cichlid. I got my male from an LFS when he was around 1.5" in November of 2012 and is now approaching the 10" mark, growth has slowed considerably but that's partly my fault since I tend to slightly underfeed. I've tried keeping him in a community but never was able to get it to work, 125 gallons is relatively small for most CA cichlids when considering aggression and full grown size. So here he is in his very own 125

y8egevab.jpg

9ematu9y.jpg

y7apery8.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom