Jaguar cichlid tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75 gallon tank and i m thinking about rehoming all my fish and keeping a solo wet pet. I really like jaguar cichlids and was wondering if I could keep it in a 75 gallon tank by itself for its whole life. Everywhere I look says a 75 gallon or 120 so what is the minimum tank size it needs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say a 6 foot tank would be the minimum. Jags get good size to them, like 16-18" and would do much better in a 125 gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

U could probably get by with a 75g for a single female, but as mentioned above... a 6ft 125g would be better for a male. My 11" male Jag is by himself in a 125g and he patrols all 6ft of the tank constantly all day, can't imagine him being in a 4 ft tank at this point.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about another parachromis like motaguensis? Would that work in a 75 gallon by itself?

What about another parachromis like motaguensis? Would that work in a 75 gallon by itself?

A 75 would be the minimum they get up to about 12" on the average, but I have seen them bigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom