JD and GT finally arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chew valley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally my Jack Dempsey and Green Terror arrived today. Had to get them mail order as difficult to get hold of in the UK. Wanted these fish for ages. But well worth the wait both are so beautiful especially the GT. They are only about 4" each so hope they will get along. Seems to be true what people say the JD seems to be more aggressive so far. Has chased the GT a few times. GT is pretty chilled out but think that will change over time. So pleased though, always had community fish before but Cichlids are a whole different ball game :)

Congrats on the new additions. I would personally treat the new fish with metronidazole and praziquental to treat for internal parasites, I'm afraid that's very common with new world cichlids especially Aequidens rivulatus which are prone to Hexamita.

Last edited:
chew valley said:
Finally my Jack Dempsey and Green Terror arrived today. Had to get them mail order as difficult to get hold of in the UK. Wanted these fish for ages. But well worth the wait both are so beautiful especially the GT. They are only about 4" each so hope they will get along. Seems to be true what people say the JD seems to be more aggressive so far. Has chased the GT a few times. GT is pretty chilled out but think that will change over time. So pleased though, always had community fish before but Cichlids are a whole different ball game :)

I've got 8 GT's love them.

Congrats on the new additions. I would personally treat the new fish with metronidazole and praziquental to treat for internal parasites, I'm afraid that's very common with new world cichlids especially Aequidens rivulatus which are prone to Hexamita.

Thanks for the advice. Do you know what water changes I would need to do when they are fully grown. I am doing 25% once a week currently, do you think this would be OK when they are fully grown too?

chew valley said:
Thanks for the advice. Do you know what water changes I would need to do when they are fully grown. I am doing 25% once a week currently, do you think this would be OK when they are fully grown too?

Depends on the size of the tank when they are full grown as well as plants. Basically you only have to match the WC's with the amount that the ammo is being consumed by the BB/plants.

Back
Top Bottom