Jewel Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

healthier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a pair of large Jewel Cichlids for m 72 G tank. I got redzbra, frontosa, blue dolphins, yellow labs etc.. in my tank.. can i mix jewel cichlids with these ?

Does anyone have experience with Jewel Cichlids ? Are they very agressive ?

You said, "I got redzbra, frontosa, blue dolphins, yellow labs etc.. in my tank,,"

That's alot of fish, you didn't say how big the blue dolphins or labs were or how many,,,and frontosas get 10-12 inches long,,,honestly having the frontosa(s)? in with the malawis isn't a really good choice, I'm not a fan of mixing non-rift lake cichlids with rift-lake cichlids, but I have seen jewel fish in with them and done nicely.

But you did not say how long these fish have been in the tank or how long the tank has been set up.

If you are an experienced fish keeper and are keeping up on the proper maintenance regimen for these big fish and big waste producers then you will be fine adding the fish and doing more work to keep them healthy, but my gut instinct is telling me you are making a bad decision.

With no more information than what you provided I'm sticking with my answer.

Bill.

WELCOME TO AA :n00b:
You are already mixing fish from two different regions. This could be problematic. Let us know how long the tank has been set up, how long the fish have been in the tank, or how many of each type.
Jewel cichlids can be aggressive, as can zebras.

ive personlly got a pair of jewles, in with a baby frontosa and plenty of large malawi, and tonnes of small ones,

ive also got convicts(pair) as well as a pair of pink severums, and i have had no trouble at all oh yeah yellow lab, but the jewles got to go soon

Back
Top Bottom