Jewelry store fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaser98989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Going to start a 240 gallon fish tank at My dad's jewelry store soon going to be African Cichlids trying to get ideas one thought that I had was to try to get a huge crystal from the Tucson jewelry show in February and make it the center piece and build rocks up on the sides any thoughts?

I think it's a very cute idea...but that's kinda the problem, it's a CUTE idea.

When you're looking at tanks, what makes you go ohhhhhhhh? I find that the more naturally planted tanks get the most response.

Being in a jewelry store you want something classy and sophisticated, not something cute.

Just my thoughts on it.

I think it could work. You could also have some amethyst geodes or something in there. Can't wait to see what you do!

I want to try to make it natural looking at the same time it'll be a very fine line to try to incorporate both... Might take a while to get it perfect

If you have a good LFS, they should have an assortment of aquascaping supplies. My lfs has some nice almost shiny rocks that would look nice.

I think going with gems as decor would ba an awesome idea....i think if u make them look like raw gem still in the ground thT would look cool too.give it a kind of natural look..if i could draw i have the perffect vision...unfortunately i can not so i cant show you...i work for a aquarium maintenance and building company.

I am pretty sure if you used really nice raw crystals and gems it would look beautiful. I think as soon as you add a plastic treasure chest you venture into "cute" territory.

I like this idea and it could boost sales: all the aquarist's wives can shop three times as long!

Lol I know, right! Putting a tank together is tons of fun. Be sure to post pics when you're done!!!

Please post a pic when you finish...i love designing aquariums and love seeing how creative ppl can be.

Oh yeah, some crystal and quartz would look awesome... Maybe with some mining tools as decor?

Back
Top Bottom