johanniis..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, I had 4 johanniis in my cichlid tank, apparently they matured real quickly, and were harassing my yellow labs and my two bumble bees.. so today I noticed one of my yellows was completely beat up.. so i took some action, sadly this action ended up bad.

I went to fetch my 5gal fw bucket from the patio.. and I called my dad to make sure he hasn't used it.. so I capture the johannis after about an hour and put them in the bucket because the LFS said theyd take them. so I get down to the LFS and I open the bucket to my chagrin there are four dead cichlids..

I was shocked.. I called my dad and asked him if he used it and he said "i might have" so I gave the fish a proper burial and tested the water it was sky high in ammonia.. I rinsed the bucket out several times before I siphon'd water out of the tank and it always has its lid on when its not in use.

sadly I gave the fish away, but yet sadly they died.

-thane

Johanni's do mature rather quickly. I'm sorry for your loss, they are nice looking fish. When the Johanni's mature, they tend to be more aggressive than the Yellow Labs. You may want to look into getting a less aggressive fish to replace the Johanni's.

I'm very sorry you lost your electric blue's! :(
I always leave my bucket next to the tank, and let everyone know they CAN'T use it.

Back
Top Bottom