Julidochromis dickfeldi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Ben

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if anyone has any expereience in telling males from females. I hear females are generally larger, although 2 of the 3 i picked up today are probably not full grown...I have noticed that the anal fin of one them is more rounded then the other two, which appear pointed. I have no idea if this means anything. Other then that difference they look the same so far. Im also wondering if they are the dickfeldi species or another. They have blue ventral,dorsal and tail fins, stripes going horizontally accross.

Thanks in advance

-Ben

The size difference has always been the most reliable method for determining sex with julies, in my experience. With the last regani pair I had, the female was much larger than the male.

Got any pics of the fish?

Here are a few. One of the three appears yellowish to me and I wonder if it is another species other then the dickfeldi...One is larger then the others but maybe the others just arent done growing. There were 2 species of julies but were in dif tanks. . I got all 3 of them locally from a guy whos got a little shop in his basement for 5$ each so i wont complain if the yellow one is different.

Attachments

• img_0571_edited2_139.jpg
    img_0571_edited2_139.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom