Julidochromis Marlieri Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife saw these at the lfs, so I was trying to do some research on them, but didn't find a whole lot of useful info.

It seems as though they are a fairly docile african, so firstly I was wondering if they would be suitable tankmates for any community fish such as larger tetras, or if they should only be kept with other Lake Tanganyikas? If they would be ok with community fish, it would be going in a 29g tank, so I'm guessing I'd want to only have one to avoid aggression issues with potential breeding, etc. Would one be ok by itself, or do you need to have more than one?

I'm guessing it probably wouldn't work, but my wife keeps finding different africans she likes and this looked like it could be a possibility.

Tanganyika is very hard water. Maybe with smaller na livebearers that are agile. Otherwise imo other lake tang cichlids would be better

I understand in the wild they live in very different environments, but they have probably been breed in captivity and have been living in the same/similar water parameters as I have. Unless I'm mistaken I'm thinking I'd be ok with that aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom