Julie Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a few questions so that I can give my fish the best care possible. I've read that the cichlids from Lake Tanganyika need iodine in the water for their thyroid health. Is that true, and if so, how much? I have a lfs that takes very good care of their fish, and they sell Julies there. I asked them what ph they keep the Julies in, and they keep them at 7.2. The tap water at home is at 7.0, I got a test for it. How to increase the ph just .2? I have a 35g? Oceanic flatback hex aquarium. I'm still getting it all setup, but I wanted to know how to get everything just right before I get the fish. How do you get the ph in the right range with the water that you put back in when changing it? I have multiple empty 1g jugs that I store water in, just to make sure that I've got enough to change the water in the tanks, without having to use too much start right.

It's been a while but I have kept Julie's. No iodine was ever added to the water and they thrived. If you want to raise your ph, might add a chunk of limestone. It also will help buffer the water. Less likely to have a ph crash. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom