Just showing off my stock. What y'all think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I'm wanting to change the lighting to try to bring out my blue's color. When I wake up in the morning he is very dark blue and by the time I get home he has lost all that color and is a pale blue. Any suggestions?

I am afraid I can offer no help there as I do not keep cichlids. You may want to post that question though in a new thread so that you can get the answers your need.

That's a senegal bichir. One of my favorite fish.

It's probably around 3-4 inches. Still pretty small but he is growing very fast. That yellow is one of my favorites in my tank. I like my blue more but he is shy and won't let me get a good picture lol

Nice my Senegal is about 2.5 inches and my endelrichi bichir is about 6 or 7 inches

Any full tank shots? How's the parameters and were anything changed recently? The only thing that can be assumed without anything pointed out is aggression issues where he is forced color down by the dominant male.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397671051.881786.jpg

I don't think he is under pressure from aggression. They don't display the much aggression because I have the tank layout with plenty of holes and territory. When I checked my water last week my ammonia was 0 and nitrites and nitrates were negligible.

Be careful with the bichir they are fish killing machines, if it can get a grip on the fish, it will disappear.

Yeah I've kept a close eye on him. I'm worried a bit about his growth rate. If he outpaces my peacocks there could be problems lol.

How big? Maybe I should get one again. I had the "dinosaur" bichir at pet smart not sure what it's actually name is. But it got huge, fast.

Dinosaur and senegal are the same thing. The can get much bigger in the wild but they usually max out at around 8-12 in aquariums.

It's a polypterus senegalis and they max around 5 inches pretty sure they are the smallest of the polypterus species

Back
Top Bottom