juvie oscar with 5-6 in. sev

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ceasar is free. When I first put him in he hid from female sev all the time, so I put in a divider. Today to clean tank, weeks later btw, I took it out. He's not hiding and is chasing gold sevs around his size. She doesn't seem to be all over him like she was before. Think he'll be okay?

http://db.tt/Pd8dNHdt

http://db.tt/cXVCncef

thank you, night time went good, seem to be getting along swimmingly (ha ha) today too.. even at feeding time. Your response brings up another question.. Do you have firemouths? Currently, mine is in a 55 grow out with jd, 2 cons, and a jewel. He is between 1 and 1.5 inches. I plan on adding him to the 125 with the oscar (2.5-3 in.) the gold sevs around same size (will rehome one eventually, I think) and the larger green sev. Finally, the questions.. How quickly will fm grow and how big should he be to add him in with these others? His tail has grown back twice now.. and he currently has a bite mark on each side of it.. probably the jd

How big is your Oscar? And how big is the Sev? They seem to get to 2.5 to 3 inches pretty quick. They WILL get messed up by an Oscar if the oscar doesn't like them. Firemouths are all bark no bite. I had one in with my Oscar for a little while and they got along fine. If he is getting attacked by the JD now, I'd risk putting him in right away with the Sevs and the Oscar, and see how he does. If its worse, you can always move him back. Just make sure to do it with all lights off and towards the evening, and then keep on eye on the tank for the night. If it seems okay, go to sleep and check in the morning, but if they are actively chasing him and nipping him, remove him. Do you have any other tanks you could put him in? (even small ones for a growout)

oscar around 3 in., 2 gold sevs around same size as oscar and biggest sev around 6 in. I don't have another tank

Back
Top Bottom