jwh0818's 210g tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also gonna pick up some huge pieces of nice driftwood when I pick the tank up on Sunday!

I got my Jebao 12000 today, my finnex 800w heater and digital controller, and some wavemakers!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Oooo I like shiny new toys. Looks great.
Me too! I'll get my api test kit tomorrow and then Sunday I'll get the tank and drift wood. Still need to place an order for the overflows and find a 75g tank for the sump that isn't an arm and leg in price

Test kits here
now I need to find a 75g sump. Overflows will be here Monday

Im just perusing the thread and Looking forward to seeing this tank come along. Any final decisions on SA or African? If you haven't already, you could probably find someone giving away a 75gal on Craigslist for your sump build.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well got my 75g sump and it leaked 2 times. Will recheck it tomorrow. I didn't have enough clearance with the 75g tank as a sump so I had to add some 4x4s to the stand to raise it up. Now I can get my hands on there! Drilled my media trays (Wal-Mart 3 drawer plastic thingy) and next is just setting it all up and washing 200 lbs of sand.

I'm setting it up with 2 media towers since I'm running x2 of the eshopps 1800 Overflows
Tray 1 will have filter pads
Tray 2 will have plastic pot scrubies
Tray 3 will have whatever else I want

Right on, way to get after it! Keep the progress pics coming.
A sump doesn't need to be pretty, so you could liberally lather it with silicone.

Right on, way to get after it! Keep the progress pics coming.
A sump doesn't need to be pretty, so you could liberally lather it with silicone.

I said screw it and did just that. Used a whole tube on it

Broke an overflow bulk head oops haha! Got her fixed up. Plumbed it all and from what I could tell, no more leaks. Now I need to add the sand, fill the tanks, but some prime cause I forgot it and cycle

Viuola! I give you my biggest tank so far! This bad boy took blood, swest, and a few choice words!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those hard to reach spots you think ahead and plan for failure! This came in handy because I left my pvc cement behind there

Back
Top Bottom