jwh0818's 210g tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Number 1. All day, every day. If you go with number 2, you can ship number 1 to me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Number 1 was way to small and flat! The picture made it look huge but it wasn't at all. Number 2 was very big and the big piece on the left will provide the eel with a great hiding spot. Once the wood sinks of course haha!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Awesome! I was thinking a camo-esque paint design for your backdrop, with anubia, ferns, and fissidens growing off it.
Im really liking the setup!
Could you show off your sump setup more?
What the widest diameter of the stump? It is a really nice piece! Both DW in the tank doesn't work or look good?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! I was thinking a camo-esque paint design for your backdrop, with anubia, ferns, and fissidens growing off it.
Im really liking the setup!
Could you show off your sump setup more?
What the widest diameter of the stump? It is a really nice piece! Both DW in the tank doesn't work or look good?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I only bought 1 drift wood because I couldn't justify the 100$ for such a small piece. The sump is a 75g tank with no baffles. The drawers act as a baffle system. Baffles are mainly used to control water level in the sump. The pump is between the drawers as you can see in pic 2. I added child latches today because my kids are too curious

Screwed the wood into slate and painted the return pipe black

I reccomend going to city pet and aquarium! That's where I get most of my fish. This includes my favourite fish I've ever had, Greenie, my green stripe frontosa! And they offer service with a smile! But you have to be in Sydney. Hope this helps.

Update time. Tanks going very well. Fishless cycle loves me this go around. Started on last Thursday so 8 days into the cycle and this is the results. All I dosed was ammonia up to 2 ppm. Yesterday I re dosed ammonia but at half at 1ppm

Day 2 of cycle

Day 8 of cycle (today)

Update. Results taken last night! Added the egg crate to the top to keep fish in and also added a different light due to the diffusers blocking most of the light.

Looks good to me. I have .25 ammonia all the time due to the chloramine in my municipal water supply. Looks like your trites are gone and trates are up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom