keep having problems:/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
So if you have been seeing my threads my Oscar is still having trouble. He got in a fight with a albino Oscar and killed it. He had some white skin peeling off afterwards. A day later he was fine no more white skin and swimming like normal but, he doesn't want to eat since. I called and asked petsmart. I tried different foods, water changes and even got my water tested! Idk the readings but they said it's good! I have tried numerous food from blood worms, pellets, brine shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, beef heart. Nothing any tips? Is he going to die?

So if you have been seeing my threads my Oscar is still having trouble. He got in a fight with a albino Oscar and killed it. He had some white skin peeling off afterwards. A day later he was fine no more white skin and swimming like normal but, he doesn't want to eat since. I called and asked petsmart. I tried different foods, water changes and even got my water tested! Idk the readings but they said it's good! I have tried numerous food from blood worms, pellets, brine shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, beef heart. Nothing any tips? Is he going to die?

What size tank? What else is in the tank? Your Oscar may just not be in the mood to eat after battling for life and death. How long has it been since the fight and his last feeding?

How long was the dead fish in the tank fouling up your water?

40 gallon breeder, my Oscar lives alone now, he's only 3 inches or so, the dead fish was only in there for like an hour. The fight happened a week ago and that's the last time he ate

40 gallon breeder, my Oscar lives alone now, he's only 3 inches or so, the dead fish was only in there for like an hour. The fight happened a week ago and that's the last time he ate

That's a small tank for even one Oscar but enough about that. I'm sure you know already. Lets try and get your buddy better! (y)

What's the temp at? Is he normal other wise? Swimming etc?

Maybe just offer some food in say 2-3 days. They can go a surprisingly long time without eating. It could be stressed. How long are the lights on?

Maybe reduce the lights and another healthy dose of fresh H2o

I'm supposed to get a bigger tank my aunt is giving me one:) also it's at 78 degress. He swims more but not as active anymore, he same more pale instead of a dark color. I did a water change yesterday

No need to fear you have the good Dr.Convict. He will def. help you get your fish better. I'm a noob all I can offer is my support. Hope all goes well.

By the way what size tank is she giving you?

I'm supposed to get a bigger tank my aunt is giving me one:) also it's at 78 degress. He swims more but not as active anymore, he same more pale instead of a dark color. I did a water change yesterday

Ok. Leave him be. I'm thinking stress. Maybe lights out for a day or two. Offer a small amount or food while lights out. Just let him know your there and not alone. Fish can get traumatized. The battle could have taken a lot out of him. He just fought for his life and had to kill to live. Swimming is a good sign. What's his favorite type of food? Maybe soak it in some garlic to entice him to eat. Good luck.

No need to fear you have the good Dr.Convict. He will def. help you get your fish better. I'm a noob all I can offer is my support. Hope all goes well.

By the way what size tank is she giving you?

Haha thanks but I'm still new! Always learning everyday! Hey support is a great thing here on the forum. Don't cut yourself shirt brother. Supporting a fellow member is great thing and I commend you for that. New or not its nice to know even you feel you can't help you post for support!! Good job bro! (y)

My Oscar didn't eat for a week and a half after a fierce fight with an assorted African I never got the chance to identify it had no teeth tho brownish color anyways the Oscar started eating earthworms after and I coaxed him back to his regular diet.

Back
Top Bottom