Keyhole cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't keep them but they would go fine with angels if the tank is large enough. Angels can be more aggressive than the keyholes.

Thx! I will get one when I get my 55. I was originally going to go with rams, but due to the sensitivity I think I may stay away a while longer. I did the same with angels bc I was scared of killing them.

if your routine is good... feeding.. waterchanges.. exe.. you dont have to worry about killing any fish.. keep your water param's good... then just getting them home will be your biggest issue lol.

i have kept Cleithracara maronii and found these guys to be pretty hardy, angels will stay at the top of the tank and the keyholes will stay at the bottom.. they never messed with my angels but when i started adding more aggressive cichlids, they were no match... from personal experience these guys need to be kept with mild mannered fish

Ok. That's good to know. I like the firemouth cichlids too, but with the chance of it being aggressive I scratched that one. I will probably try a ram maybe after I've had the tank for a year (the 55 gal). That way I'm familiar with my care routine and I'm sure that my bio filter is good to go. It may be sooner than that but we'll see. I'm also considering a pair of kribs as they are quite pretty as well and peaceful from what I've heard. I just added a small school of peppered cories to my 26 and they are so cute! Kind of OT, but I had to share!

Back
Top Bottom