Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
Keyhole cichlid

Thinking about getting one of these. Anyone keep them? Would they go well with Angels? TIA

Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I don't keep them but they would go fine with angels if the tank is large enough. Angels can be more aggressive than the keyholes.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thx! I will get one when I get my 55. I was originally going to go with rams, but due to the sensitivity I think I may stay away a while longer. I did the same with angels bc I was scared of killing them.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
if your routine is good... feeding.. waterchanges.. exe.. you dont have to worry about killing any fish.. keep your water param's good... then just getting them home will be your biggest issue lol.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Acer
i have kept Cleithracara maronii and found these guys to be pretty hardy, angels will stay at the top of the tank and the keyholes will stay at the bottom.. they never messed with my angels but when i started adding more aggressive cichlids, they were no match... from personal experience these guys need to be kept with mild mannered fish
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok. That's good to know. I like the firemouth cichlids too, but with the chance of it being aggressive I scratched that one. I will probably try a ram maybe after I've had the tank for a year (the 55 gal). That way I'm familiar with my care routine and I'm sure that my bio filter is good to go. It may be sooner than that but we'll see. I'm also considering a pair of kribs as they are quite pretty as well and peaceful from what I've heard. I just added a small school of peppered cories to my 26 and they are so cute! Kind of OT, but I had to share!

Tags
cichlid, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com