Koralia Evolution 750

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just scored on a Koralia Evo 750 from a buddy that is getting out of the fish hobby. He ran it in his reef set up, is it going to be ok to run it in my African Cichlid tank to move the water around a bit more? It's a 60g 48" long running a Fluval 406 canister. Also been reading that running this 750, I could get rid of my air pump? The output of the Fluval is about 1" below the water line, but still pointing up to get a good movement on the surface water. I plan on running the Koralia about a couple inches above the sand pointing at the Fluval intake tube. (opposite corners) is this recommended? I know it's probably better to get a splash out of the Fluval output, but really need to keep the noise to a minimum. Thanks.

Thanks, already cleaned it up, looks new now. What about getting rid of the air pump? Will the fish miss that bubble maker, or is my set up not enough oxygen for them?

Tacoeater said:
Thanks, already cleaned it up, looks new now. What about getting rid of the air pump? Will the fish miss that bubble maker, or is my set up not enough oxygen for them?

It will ne done without bubbles, theres a bunch of us that don't use them. Depending on what substrate you have you may need to move it up more or it will just blow it around being down low. A lot of people have them near the top then aiming them to blow down.

Tacoeater said:

You'll be fine without the bubbles. A common misconception people have is that those bubble wands actually put oxygen into the water. They are more for agitating the surface of the water to help the gas exchange at the surface. The bubbles don't stay in contact with the water surface nearly long enough to be dissolved into the water.

Back
Top Bottom