Krib Pair in Community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardynas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about getting a pair (m/f) of Kribs for my Community tank. I've been reading how they can get very aggressive during breeding.

My plan is to get some Cichild stones and create them a haven in my tank and block line-of-sight around their fortress.

I can give them their own corner of the tank.

With that said, I've got a 150 gal. 48"L x 24"W x 30" Tall

It's heavily planted. Here's my current inventory.

1 Snakeskin Gourami Female
1 Pearl Gourami Female
2 Gold Gourami Female
1 Blue Gourami Male (not aggressive)
1 Paradise Gourami Male (not aggressive)
5 Bala Sharks
1 Placo
1 Spotted Raphael Catfish (never see)
2 Cory
5 Albino Tiger Barbs
25 Neon Tetras
4 Serpae Tetra
1 Glo Yellow something
2 GBR (paired)
1 Bolivian Ram

Trying to find out if this would be a mistake. Right now my tank is very peaceful. I would be open to a second smaller tank.

Thanks

I don't think you'd have a prayer with any krib fry surviving, but my kribs did well in a community. They're all bark, no bite.

I don't think you'd have a prayer with any krib fry surviving, but my kribs did well in a community. They're all bark, no bite.

Hi Lynda,
I was kind of figuring that too. Makes we want to setup a second species or breeding tank for situations like this. I could throw my GBR's in there when they start cleaning places to spawn.

Thank you! :)

Kribs spawn about once a month, whether they have surviving fry or not. That's a whole lotta moving around, if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom