kribensis color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bthomas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive been looking into kribs to add to my 55gallon. One of my lfs had them they were only about 1 inch long and they had minimal color(basically just silver with the black stripe along their side) is that normal for kribs this size or should they have more color at this point?

Is this local fish store a petco or petsmart? Do all the fish look healthy? You should ask how long the kribs have been in the tank, if its only been a couple days then they still might be getting accustom to the new water. Females are deffenitly less colorful.

Its not a big chain store. Ive only been a few times but the owner seems like he knows how to care for fish.(when I asked him his pwc schedule its every week for every tank + more as he sells, unlike another lfs where one of the workers told me she changes water once every 3 months and thought I was crazy for doing at least a weekly lol )All of his tanks and fish look very healthy. Hes had them less than a week... is there any way to sex them that young. They were at max 1",and they all looked pretty similar (to me anyway)? & should I go with a male and two females or all males? Id like to get 3

Its not a big chain store. Ive only been a few times but the owner seems like he knows how to care for fish.(when I asked him his pwc schedule its every week for every tank + more as he sells, unlike another lfs where one of the workers told me she changes water once every 3 months and thought I was crazy for doing at least a weekly lol )All of his tanks and fish look very healthy. Hes had them less than a week... is there any way to sex them that young. They were at max 1",and they all looked pretty similar (to me anyway)? & should I go with a male and two females or all males? Id like to get 3

All males probably isn't a good idea, and two females will make babies everywhere and they get really aggressive when they spawn. You have to have some big fast fish. Males have a spade tail females don't. That's the easiest way to tell

All males probably isn't a good idea, and two females will make babies everywhere and they get really aggressive when they spawn. You have to have some big fast fish. Males have a spade tail females don't. That's the easiest way to tell

I just bought two kribs for my 46g, wanted a male and female, now that I have them I am pretty sure they are both female. A little aggressive towards one another too. Don't really want babies everywhere so can two females live together or do I need to have a male with them?

I also got 2 female kribs for my 36 gallon a month ago from today. When I first got them one did pick on the other like you said but eventually after I added 2 GBRs and 2 gold gouramis they have become best friends.

img_2485035_0_3c9fcd51bc52549ea8678ab1b493363a.jpg

The picture really does not do them justice.

I have 2 pairs in a 55 gal and one had babies once in 5 months idk what their deal is but i was hoping for more than 1 successful breed. i change water weekly and keep my tank at 76-78

Back
Top Bottom