Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Kribensis with snails

Question: I am planning on making a African 40 gallon aquarium, is there anyway i can get a few kribensis, a few African Congo tetras, a few African fire barbs, a few African upside down catfish and some rabbit snails all to live together. Knowing that most are soft water fish but that the snails need calcium in there water to live. That might not be all the fish.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had MTS in a 55g with my Kribs, and aside from them being white they were fine. The tank had a piece of driftwood, but my tapwater is pretty hard. Make sure that you've got a good filter, most of those fish are schooling ones. If you've got live plants, be careful that they don't get eaten. The Kribs will get mean when they spawn, so the other fish might get pretty battered. I've seen Krib fry eat their smaller siblings, and the parents didn't care. You can try shrimp pellets at night for the snails, they've got calcium in them.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks I think you gave me the advice I needed, I have had most of those fish in the past so I got an idea how the aquarium would work. I just did not know how to get the calcium to the little snails that I was looking at getting.

Tags
krib, kribensis, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com