Kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ceej

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 29g, I have 2 species of fish. There's 5 Harlequin Rasbora's and 5 Cherry Barbs. Also, there's 4 ghost shrimp, too. I was thinking about a Dwarf Gourami, but I looked into Kribensis and they seem like they would work. Although, I may only get one. I checked on AqAdvisor, too. Now, what are your opinions, AAers? :popcorn:

Kribensis do well in mating pairs or small groups. Try to get a good male to female ratio of 1:1.

Hmm, this is the tank currently. The only cave I have is on the right side behind the fake plant in the back. Not sure if that will suffice or not? There is, however, room under the drift wood to swim through that is covered by a few more small plants out front, which I added yesterday. So I guess this pic isn't "totally" current lol. What do you think?

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 86
A pair of bolivian rams sounds nice, too!

I have a 110 litre community tank, with 5 tetras, 7 goldring danios, 10 white cloud mountain minnows, 2 corys and a beautiful breeding pair of Kribs...just hatched 50+ babies!!!! Plenty of space to swim and hide...the kribs have taken up half the tank as their territory and shoved the rest down the other end...god help any that cross that invisible line!!! I have another tank that is ready and set up and matured, that I will be transferring the Kribs and babies into tomorrow. Until they bred they were very peaceful..now they are avenging angels!!!

Glad I didn't get any. However, I bought two Keyhole Cichlids. They're peaceful until they breed, too. Hopefully These two are each A.) Nice when mating or B.) Both the same gender lol.

Ceej said:
Glad I didn't get any. However, I bought two Keyhole Cichlids. They're peaceful until they breed, too. Hopefully These two are each A.) Nice when mating or B.) Both the same gender lol.

I see that you have a Detroit tigers logo as your pic, so I must ask, where did you manage to snag a pair of keyholes!?!? I've been searching all over south east Michigan for them! Lol

I'm in Indianapolis currently. Lol that's where. I'd imagine Ann Arbor, Ypsi, Livonia, Romulus, Monroe (if you're that far south) has some kind of decent pet stores or fish shops. We have tons in this huge city!

If you find Keyholes, they're great! Calm and suitable for a community tank.. thus far lol. Mating time will be a different story if they are male and female. Too young to tell currently.

I've tried probably 10 fish stores from Ypsilanti to Livonia to garden city with no success :/ I want some soooo badly!

Back
Top Bottom