Kribs and GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think Ive asked this before, a long time ago, and I forgot everyone's input on the situation.

In my 75gal planted, I have three kribs (soon to be four), would it be a bad idea to house (2 or 4) GBR in the same tank?

Would my chances be better if I had plenty of hiding room/caves/plants ?

Or should I just avoid keeping these two together?

Thanks in advance!

I see no reason not to keep them together. The tank is big enough IMO. I would still provide several hiding places for them.

Thanks! It took me a while to figure out where this thread was moved to (I forgot about the ciclid forum!)

both are soooooo pretty it would add some nice color to my tank

I have 2 male kribs adn 1 male GBR in my 55 gal and they are all fine, except for the dominant krib chasing the other krib (territorial thing).

I have 2 male kribs adn 1 male GBR in my 55 gal and they are all fine, except for the dominant krib chasing the other krib (territorial thing).
Please note that this setup has not been running long. After 6 months to a year and all is fine, then spread the good news. Time has a way of messing with a setup that was doing well. Sexual maturation leads to more territory disputes and of course fighting for breeding rights.

I didn't have the best experience with kribs, GBR and apistos in a 50 and my other community fish were often chased when the kribs were in breeding mood. Hopefully a 75 will give them enough room since YMMV ;)

Back
Top Bottom