Kribs in the house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
taking the cichlid plunge. They're in the 20G tall tank, seem ok so far. Is one 'cave' enough or should they have a couple to pick from? And net sources seem to vary on what kind of food they prefer... so far, they prefer everything. Hints there would be appreciated.

I'd have a couple of hiding spots atleast for kribs. Driftwood, plants etc to provide cover. Any good flake food is fine for kribs.

Kribs will breed and make their home anywhere. Mine dug under the rocks i set up as a cave for them so i wouldnt worry too much. I use a high quality flake food.

taking the cichlid plunge. They're in the 20G tall tank, seem ok so far. Is one 'cave' enough or should they have a couple to pick from? And net sources seem to vary on what kind of food they prefer... so far, they prefer everything. Hints there would be appreciated.

From experience i say give them a choice of either two or three and they will pick their favourite. As for food my pair ate anything from flakes to frozen bloodworms, they weren't too fussy.

Also i would like to include that like with all chiclids they can sometimes be unpredictable with their attitude for example my pair did not like sharing the bottom of the tank with anyone. Good luck :)

One male, one female. They are sharing the 20 high with 3 fat mystery snails and 4 cherry barbs, who never bother anyone. So far so good; the barbs can be moved if tempers flare. The one cave decor item is somewhat open and light-colored but they do have a hunk of the mopani driftwood to hide behind.

As for food, if flakes are ok, that's a plus.

Back
Top Bottom