Krib's spawning to fast! {Now there free swimming again!!}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My kribs are spawning every 3 to 4 days is this normal? LOL I'm not complaning or anything. But is this the normal for kribs? I just pulled a fry of about 75 4 to 5 days ago and looked in the cave to day and there is another fry of wigglers already. That would make it 3 days apart from my calulation.
You can just make the wigglers out in the picture at the bottom of the cave.
eee1f636.jpg

I have another pr in a cave on the other end of the tank with eggs and this makes 3 to 4 days from there last fry of 50. I just want to know is this normal for Kribs? LOL

I've never seen this before Weasel. Usually they won't spawn while raising a brood. What did they do with the prior brood? But, I've never been able to really think like a fish.

It sounds like they will spawn as often as they want to if you keep removing the fry. Maybe leave a brood with them and they won't drop another batch for a couple months.

I pulled the last fry. I had thought about leaving this fry with them to see what happens. But if I do leave them. I hope it don't take afew months in between fry. I have to have some to replace the ones I sell. LOL Hopfully with 3 females droping fry I sould have replacement right? LOL

Sounds like you need to do this.
Go down to city hall and get a breeder license.
Set up 1/2 your house with 20 gallon tanks and all the needed equipment, mortgage home if needed.
Quit job, will have no time for anything else.
Find help in the forum for MTSSFBC, multiple tank syndrome spawned from breeding crazinness.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just have fun, I wish I could get my Bn to breed at all. I just doin't have the patience to wait for my female to get to maturity. Once they start I bet I will be doing the same thing!

LMAO LOL LOL How many tanks do I need to cure MTS? Cause if 2o tanks hasn't cured it. LOL I'm adding another tank tomorrow or seeing as how it's midnight now here in Texas that mean today I'm adding another 20g tank for the last krib fry to grow.
I"m retired do to 4 major back surgies. So times no proplum.

What else is it you need me to do? LOL LOL LOL LOL LMAO

Then here is a cool thing you could try. Take 4 20 gallon tanks, all the same dimensions and make a series of bridges that connects all of them together with clear PVC. Put AC 30 on each and a canister taking water out one end and putting the water in the other end. Then they can go where they want and mix and match with a male of female of their choosing. Could be a huge selling point if you let them pair off and people can choose a mated pair from the tank pictures.

As for MTS, I have heard it takes not having room to buy anymore is the only cure. But enough tanks that you can't keep up with water changes would stop me. That is if the wife didn't stop me well before 20. LOL.

LOL that's not a bad I deal the only set back is my male krib is already KING DADDY. He's had 3 females in the same cave at the same time lay eggs. Then the lone female he hooke up with her while the other 3 females in the cave where with wigglers. Then after the wigglers showed up. He was back with the others and showing the fry how to go around the cave. LOL
Then it started all over now the 3 females are with the KING DADDY in the cave and have wigglers with the lone female. While there in there he's back at the other female. See it's going to be a never ending process. But have no fear I'm here to pull or not?

Ok Ladie's and Gentelman, This all started with My Pimp Daddy Krib on I want to say The 9th or 10th of this month with him and 3 females. In the same cave all of them laying eggs. Now here the thread on that
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=78540
Then there's the start of this topic asking how often they normally spawn. Now the lone female in the tank out of the five. Who was cought on tape,Along with another female taking turns laying eggs and whatching the frist fry grow and taking them for a swim around the tank.
Well to day was her turn to be led Moma. She has been in the cave solid gold and bright pink for the past 7 days. With out ever coming from the cave. Then this morning early I noticed her and her OWN fry swimming around the cave and around and around the cave with Daddy and back up mom #2 in tow.
Now that Moma and back up Moma are with fry and doing the roundie round the cave. The 3rd female { or now the lone female} is in the cave.
Here's a few pictures of the new kids.
eed0c348.jpg

eed0c346.jpg

Now this last picture is going to be posted for a few times to come POTM's month after month til it wins. LOL Look at how it makes the male look black and white while the female in her gold and purple shines like a new dime and face to face with the ture differnts in the sex's of the two.
eed0c347.jpg

Almost looks cut and droped. enjoy and if it keeps working this way it will cycle throw til the 3rd female { lone moma } has her fry in tow. If so this will be one of the ture wonders of my 30+yrs of tank keeping . In my books this is great.

Thank you sir, Havn't heard from you in a while guy. How's you and the GBR's doing. Any fry from them guys and gal latly?

After I loss my female (who the male stressed to death) and then the male, who died of loneliness, I gave up on GBR's for a while. I have some Bolivians Rams but they may be all males, so there's no breeding on the ram front...

Back
Top Bottom