Laetacara Curviceps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clb33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had experience with L. Curviceps. I'm looking to get some in a few weeks :)
Thanks,
Christine

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes, but I am not sure what exactly you are looking for as far as information. I have had a few, but currently just own 1.

Mainly how big they get I've seen several different sizes ranging from 1.5"-3"

Mine, and the others I have seen have all been a bit upwards of 2 inches. I have gotten them from several different sources. 1.5 is inaccurately small, though 3 inches would be the larger end. Mine is probably about 2.5 right now.

Ok thank you and also where can I get them? I cannot seem to find them.

Check out Apistodave. He has some listings on aquabid.com, not sure if there are any curvisceps but I know he has had them and he has some of the best specimens you'll find. I'm a huge fan of his fish.

Alright thanks

The male I had for a while was close on 3". They show best colours as a pair but need plenty of room as they breed quite easily and like all cichlids can get nasty when breeding. Quite a nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes I've read about them a bit.:) very excited to find and get these

Another place to try is The Wet Spot in Oregon. They ship. Also, you can keep an eye on the classifieds on here. I have gotten some some several members on here in the past, and as well from The Wet Spot.
Also, there is always AquaBid.

Alright thanks :) I'll check them out. Also I went to Appleton and talked to a store and I have to call on Monday to see if up I can special order them

Back
Top Bottom