Laetacara curviceps Sexing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got these fish a while ago, and let them grow out. I know that they're hard to sex when they're small, but I think that they've grown to full size and I just want to know if I have two females, two males or whatever. I'd be super thankful for whatever information you can provide. Thanks!

What did I say when you picked them up, females right? I'm sticking with that.:)

Haha, thanks again. I just wanted to make sure of it because they've grown up and maybe changed looks. But thanks a lot for sexing them again :thanks:

Haha, thanks again. I just wanted to make sure of it because they've grown up and maybe changed looks. But thanks a lot for sexing them again :thanks:

That's my best guess, they still hard to sex honestly. You haven't seen any eggs along the way have you?

That's my best guess, they still hard to sex honestly. You haven't seen any eggs along the way have you?

No I haven't. They have been acting weird as of lately, almost along the lines of breeding behaviors. I'll be on the watch for it though:)

Picture #2 I'm fairly confident is a female by the black blotch in the dorsal fin, but picture #3 I'm still a little torn. Hopefully I'm wrong on #3 and you'll get some fry out of them!

To be honest I might just set up a tank an try to breed them. If they're both females, well there will be no babies and if it's a pair, then yay! :D. Thanks though HUKIT!

Back
Top Bottom