large oscar and large parrot cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A blood parrot?

Attachments

• image-1058971991.jpg
    image-1058971991.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 122
No, I wouldn't chance it. The BP has no way to defend himself should the Oscar get aggressive.

I doubt the BP is full grown unless you've had it for years. They grow really slowly and can reach the size of dinner plates.

I bought mine from my buddy and it was ok with a midas, 2 JDs and a redtail. All were full grown except the redtail and my BP wasnt even full grown. He held his own with no problems. I guess it just depends on the fish itself.

And i recently sold the BP bc he was beating up my male acei cichlid. Hes now in some guys tank wit 2 jaguars, red devil and a jack dempsey doing perfect. He was deff the toughest fish ive ever had for how smll he was

I your trying to breed them that certain hybrid cnt reproduce

They can reproduce its just very very rare, most of them are sterile. But it has been done

i had 2 parrots (1 blood, 1 panda) with my oscar and they all lived without any carnage .. but the parrots did hide a lot :(

i don't recommend the combo unless you dont care about seeing the parrots lol

welli put him in with the oscar and its been a week and they get along great . thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom