Large Peaceful SA Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
As you can probably guess by the title, I'm looking for reccomendations of SA cichlids that can go in a community 55-75g. I'm hoping to have these large guys, in addition to a pair of rams. So far my ideas I have found are: Keyhole Cichlids, Rainbow Cichlids, Cupid Cichlids, Firemouths, and Geophagus sp. 'orange head'. Also, this will be a planted tank, so last few probable wont go along as well.

Cleithracara maronii (keyhole)
Aequidens pulcher (blue acara, their temperament varies)
Krobia xinguensis (hard to find, but an awesome species, had to sell mine when I moved)
Biodotema cupido, wavrinii
Guianacara stergiosi (or any other guianacara, these do like to dig a bit so iffy)
Cryptoheros sajica, cutteri, spilurus (again, diggers)
Pterophyllum scalare, altum (angelfish)
Symphysodon heckel (discus)

Steer clear of bocourti, severums, uaru, and other gentle giant species, they typically are extremely herbivorous.

Most of my fish are dwarfs from SA but I do have Geo's and Angels and some other's and Geo's are quite interesting fish. I wasn't sold on them til I snagged a bag of 8 Steindachneri and 8 Tapajo's II for $40 which was a steal and they are now some of my favorite fish. They are so cool to watch.

I've never heard of keyholes eating plants, and I know many that keep them in planted tanks. You musta just had the exceptions lol

Thabks for all the ideas so far everyone!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom