Lava Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I want to start setting up the slate rocks I just pick up from my local rock store but I really don't want to get rid of a lava rock that I really like and had for a while. Do any of you run both in your tank? I kind of want to put it on top of a slate table I want to make and make caves around it with the new slate. Right know my 2 plecos and 2 catfish have a blast with it, going in and out of all the little caves in it. I was also thinking of drilling holes in the lava rock so they can swim in and out of the caves. Also please suggest better ideas on how to make it happen if you have some.
Here's the lava rock I have. Its about 12" long and about 8" high. It's a 60g 48" long tank. Thanks.

image-2636645335.jpg

Thanks for the tips, keeping in for sure now. I picked it up at my local swap meet, this man was blowing out a ton of aquarium stuff. I have got many compliments on it since I got it. If I would have known the value of them at that time I would have scooped up all the lava rock. I only paid $10 bucks for that huge piece.

Back
Top Bottom