Light blue water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I recently bought Afra cobue and srt hongi from a local aquarist, the water in the bag was slight blue (very clear) and had an interesting smell. Does anyone know the reason for the color or know if it is healthy?

Not sure the reason but I've ordered several fish from online retailers and they've always come in breather bags and blue water and all the fish are healthy and happy, so I wouldn't worry about it hurting the fish

Would there be any reasons to avoid making my tank water blue?

For the same reason you don't take antibotics on a daily basis, If antibiotics are used too often for things they can't treat like colds, flu or other viral infections not only are they of no benefit, they become less effective against the bacteria they're intended to treat.

If you like the blue look then I'd recommend using actinic lights in your fixtures and saving the medications for what they designed for.

Would there be any reasons to avoid making my tank water blue?

Blue water in the bag is a good thing ... Kills bacteria, helps keep the fish healthy during shipping. Same blue water in your tank is not a good thing ... Could kill your BB.

Back
Top Bottom