loches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so my cichlids killed my pleco so i have read clown loches do well with African cichlids any one have any luck?

Clown loaches do well with cichlids. I have had them but they get large. Another option is botia or yoyo loaches. But nothing really eats algae like a pleco. Might want to buy a big one for your LFS.

Clown loaches do well with cichlids. I have had them but they get large. Another option is botia or yoyo loaches. But nothing really eats algae like a pleco. Might want to buy a big one for your LFS.

Agreed I would see if you could find a decent sized pleco from your LFS. Sometimes people will donate them cause they got too large for their tank so you may be able to pick one up for a steal

I have synodontis, feather fin, 2 plecos and numerous botia loaches as well as 1 "red tailed shark" all are doing fine. Also have a few CAE.

The old saying still stands. What works for one may not work for another.

Every tank has its own personality.

Synodontis catfish do well with cichlids.
I would recommend synodontis Petricola or synodontis Multipunctata.Beautiful fish and hold their own very well.

Are syndos algae eaters? Mine love pellets?
*sorry for subject change*

A Hoplosternum, with their armor plates, would also be robust catfish that could do well in a cichlid tank. Some species grow as big as 10" but there are some that stay just under 4"

Ok I got my first clown loach in my cichlid tank is there anything special I should.do for it

For now I also have a pleco I.just like how clowns look any suggestions for.feeding.and.stuff

Sorry for.all.the periods my.phone.put them in

O I didn't know this..... So cichlids normaly don't.both the.clowns

O I didn't know this..... So cichlids normaly don't.both the.clowns

I have had clowns with my Malawi cichlids and it didn't cause a problem. I now have yoyo and botia loach with my frontosa, non problems there either. They usually swim around playing with each other an clean up after the cichlids.

Just realize that Clown Loaches grow quite large up to 16" and should be kept in at least a group of 5. You will need lots of room for the long term. Also, the rich black banding becomes lighter as they become larger. I agree, they are really beautiful when young.

Back
Top Bottom