Lonely oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jllarrea

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. I have a question about keeping oscars. I love how personable they are but also know how big they get and the amount of space they require. I am considering getting a 55g tank so I can add an oscar. My question is, do oscars do well when they're alone? Or they they do better when there's more than one? Thanks in advance!

Hi all. I have a question about keeping oscars. I love how personable they are but also know how big they get and the amount of space they require. I am considering getting a 55g tank so I can add an oscar. My question is, do oscars do well when they're alone? Or they they do better when there's more than one? Thanks in advance!

Oscars do fine alone. They should only be kept together in tanks larger than 100 gallons though.

I would suggest a 75g for your oscar. It gives them more swim room and turn around space. An Oscar can easily reach 12" and a 55g is only 12" wide. A 75g is 18" wide so there is more turn or turn around room.

Yes they do perfect as a single fish

Back
Top Bottom