Looking for help cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I'm new here so bare with me. First off I have a 20 30 and 55 gallon tank. Not currently set up because I recently moved. Now I have had every freshwater fish know to man except cichlids. I know the whole cross breeding is a big no no. What I am looking for is not beginner level or expert let's keep moderate level for care of fish. What kinds are able to be kept together. Also which species has the most color variation to it. Please keep in mind I am not new to the aquarium world just the fish them self. I have done some research on my own but I want advice from someone who currently keeps them. Thank you in advance.

Lake Malawi (male) Peacock Cichlids are beautiful. They come in all color variations. Check them out at LiveFishDirect.com. use this sight for reference.

Thank you but I noticed you only said male whats the deal with the female?

Females arent as colorful and then youd have to ratio male to female 1:3 per

Ok kinda figured that about the females. And the 1:3 ratio I just got done pricing some of them and they don't have all I want in stock is it ok to get some now and latter. Or do they all need to be added at the same time?

You will be fine to add some later but when you add the new ones youre going to want to rearrange the decor in the tank to reset territories of the already housed fish

Back
Top Bottom