Looking to adjust stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would like to get a more colorful look, I'm willing to rehome some fish. I currently have three accei, two of which are blue with yellow fin and the other is albino, all of which I think are male. next fish is some kind of peacock (I think it's an ob) not sure of the sex tho, also have 6 yellow labs, I think i have 3 male 3 female but not to sure on their sex other than Forsure two are male and one definite female. And a electric blue which is male. The colors in the tank don't blend well with the fish and im looking to get a more consistent bunch lol. Any ideas or help would be great!

There are also three spotted catfish ( the breed that's stays small) and one rubber nose pleco about an inch big.

White top hara and afra cobue are pretty colorful. Afra would mix colors with your labs pretty nicely, white tops would probably go with your acei pretty nicely.

It's a 55g with two 350 biowheels for filter, I like that idea. Would I have to rehome any fish?

You need to stock more fish in there,
Lake Malawi cichlids need at least a group of 20-30 and that's small, I keep upto 25 in a 50 gallon tank but I have a filter that turns over 500 GPh, although if you use an onine calculator you can't specify what type of fish you stock!!
If you don't think this is true search youtube for Chester Zoo Lake Malawi tank. Get them some more friends to lower aggression and increase activity,

ajcile612 said:
Would like to get a more colorful look, I'm willing to rehome some fish. I currently have three accei, two of which are blue with yellow fin and the other is albino, all of which I think are male. next fish is some kind of peacock (I think it's an ob) not sure of the sex tho, also have 6 yellow labs, I think i have 3 male 3 female but not to sure on their sex other than Forsure two are male and one definite female. And a electric blue which is male. The colors in the tank don't blend well with the fish and im looking to get a more consistent bunch lol. Any ideas or help would be great!

Are you changing the tank around or the fish, I don't understand the question here? I only counted three types of Cichlids, is this true or did I count wrong?

I'd add some form of afra for sure and aim for 12-18 Cichlids all together.

Back
Top Bottom