Looking to get a Redheaded Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovlychelsea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I just joined this site!! :fish2:
I currently have a 20 gal freshwater tank.
I have 3 blood parrot cichlids- I've had one for almost 5 years and the other 2 about 3 years. My oldest one is almost the size of a DVD and the other 2 are just a tad smaller.
I also have 2 goldfish and a pleco.
I know that's a lot for one tank :facepalm:

buutttt
I have a aqueon bow front 36 that I have been waiting to set up for almost a year, I just haven't had any luck finding a stand for it :banghead: !!!
The tropical fish store I go to has been looking for one for me and hopefully I will have a stand soon!!

Once I get the tank all set up I really really want to get a redheaded severum- they're are sooo beautiful :ROFLMAO:
I'm just wondering how well all of my fish would get along with the severum.

The goldfish have been in the same tank with the parrots for about 2 years and I have had no problem with them!!

Any thoughts are welcome! :D

That's still overstocked for a 36. I would NOT add a severum, a fish that reaches upwards of 8" to a tank as small as that, let alone with three blood parrots and 2 goldfish (which truly have night-and-day temperature requirements, as well as dietary needs). The pleco will easily outgrow the tank, assuming it's a common, and really shouldn't be in anything less than a 6' tank and despise that pet shops still sell commons instead of bristlenose

First of all, welcome to AA! :)

Next, I'm afraid that the info above from freakgecko is correct and you will really need to rethink your stocking if you intend to have a thriving aquarium long term. If the shop you have been patronizing has recommended the fish you currently have, you may want to rethink patronizing them in the future since their advice has led you down a potentially very frustrating road. The good news is that with a little research and an open mind, you can be back on the right track in short order.

Back
Top Bottom