Looking to have a green terror pair in a 90 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could i have any tankmates ? But no bottomfeeders, there is currently all males : green terror, convict , firemouth, dempsey, and is a 5 gallon tank with 50 gal per hour filter enough for fry ? Thanks in advance

The likelihood of keeping other cichlid tank mates with pair is very slim. I don't see any issues with plecs and such but actively swimming fish wouldn't be a great idea. The current stock doesn't seem like a good fit long term either.

No thats why im changing it up, do you think i need to have a another aquarium for fry ? Or should i just leave them be with the parents

Do i need to give the fry something specific ti eat or will the parents provide food ?

No, I didn't read the message properly. If you breed the pair, one or both of these will happen:
1. The pair will get aggressive
2. If one of the fish survive, other cichilds will eat the fry.

If only one of these happen, you are VERY lucky. If both happen, Bad+bad=severe stress+injuries=Ich= Endimic of death, endimic of death everywhere= sadness and despair. Either that, or you've gotten another tank to breed the little guys a special breeding tank with special filteration (no power heads, please) and food that wouldn't even be a snack for the adults.

Is there no chance to have the fry in with the pair until i can sell them ? If not is a 5 gallon tank with 50 gal filter and heater do the trick ?

The female will occasionally eat it's fry, but I doubt that a single fry wil survive in a community tank, and seeing that a single green terror needs atleast 40 gallons, and they have around 300 eggs that will be raised for a few months, how about noooooooooo.

Back
Top Bottom