lowering ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had my ph around 7.6-8.0 but after doing some research, found out that all my fish that i keep, yhe ph range is from 6.0 to only as high as 7.5. i figured idealy getting my ph to a 7.0 would be perfect. How would i go about doing this?

Add driftwood or some peat to your filtration.

What kind of fish do you have. Unless you are seeing ph burns you probably don't need to worry about it because if your tap water is naturally hard, you will be constantly causing the ph to swing during water changes. If that's the case I recommend to condition the water prior to putting it back in the tank.

They're all doing great and seemed to have adapted really well. I have 2 bolivian rams, 2 red hump eartheaters and 4 albino cory cats. None have ph burns........so should i just keep it how it is?

Wouldn't kill the fish from the chemicals but an unstable ph could be more dangerous if it's always fluctuating. I would just leave it how it is.

They're all doing great and seemed to have adapted really well. I have 2 bolivian rams, 2 red hump eartheaters and 4 albino cory cats. None have ph burns........so should i just keep it how it is?

There you go... Your fish are doing well ... A stable pH is more important than trying to attain a specific pH. Keep things the way they are

Back
Top Bottom