M or F Venustus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read they are hard to sex it is probably 3+ inches. I bought it a week ago (it was the biggest one at the lfs)and put it in my all male tank and everything was calm for about a week but today it seems like there has been a lot of chasing in my tank which is not the norm. I'm wondering if maybe it's a female and is riling up the boys. I tried to catch it to vent but I gave up after half an hour. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395959393.057500.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395959406.333949.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395959414.826640.jpg

I have one around the same size I found that there really is no way to tell with out venting, but I just tore my tank apart and it took me like an hour to catch but that's the only way I'm pretty sure you can tell

Yeah that's what I figured I'm planning on adding some rock work to my tank this weekend so I'll probably have to wait until then.

At that size if it was male it would be showing some blue around the head area and gill plates. That looks to be a femal imo.

Back
Top Bottom