major problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcgrady7761

Aquarium Advice Activist
i transferred my 4 black calvus from my 20 yesterday to my 30 and since then one has died and the other 3 are slowly swimming on the bottom , almost resting in the sandbed.

i have never had this happen before, so that is why im coming to you. Ohyea and the water params are perfect. ammonia 0 nitrite o nitrate 25ppm.

The 30 has been cycling for over a month and i really dont want to lose these guys, and information could be vital. please help

Did you acclimate and make sure the temps matched? What were the parameters in the 20?

ammonia o nitrite 0 nitrate 10. and yes the temperature was the same

yea ph is fine. it seems like it was just stressed to the point of death, idk how though.... The other 2 or 3 (cant find the third) seem to be swimming normal but are still extremely skittish.

What was your maintenance like on the 20? I suspect that the water parameters were much different... You say the ph was fine, but was it MATCHED in both tanks?

Without knowing what the total dissolved solids of either tank is, I can not say for sure... but that is usually what does sensitive fish in like that. Another reason is some impurity in the water like chlorine/chloramine, but if you have cycled that tank for a month, I can't guess at what is in there...

I am voting for a large difference in the total dissolved solids of the water column leading to a deadly osmotic pressure change in the bodies of your fish... JMO.

Back
Top Bottom