Malawi mountain!! Diy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used the krylon fusion on a DIY filter before. No issues, very safe.

Awesome project by the way!! I'm jealous!!! I've really been wanting to do a back ground like this....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks :) I am happy with it, should have made it darker, didn't consider how bright my tank lights are. And I think I went a tad overkill on the size. But so far all my fish really dig it. I put a bubble stone inside with small holes drilled around so it has little bubbles coming off of it all over. Need to finish plumbing that tomorrow

Thanks :) I am happy with it, should have made it darker, didn't consider how bright my tank lights are. And I think I went a tad overkill on the size. But so far all my fish really dig it. I put a bubble stone inside with small holes drilled around so it has little bubbles coming off of it all over. Need to finish plumbing that tomorrow

That's awesome!!!! When I get around to doing my back ground I'd like to do that as well as a big sponge filter behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well I sat and looked at it half the night. Just not quite happy. Too big for my tank at the moment. So when I constructed it I put a seam horizontally in the middle so I could take the top half off with some effort if I wanted. So I have pulled the mountains and I am turning it into two shorter pieces for each side of the tank. Sigh another week or so but hopefully I will like the results better.

Also the cobalt gets rehomed today. He pretty much claimed the whole mountain and kept everyone else on one side of the tank

Back
Top Bottom