Male & Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
My PetSmart had some blue rams and I was so shocked at seeing them, I bought two. I think I managed to get a male and female but I'm not sure... Can you guys help?

image-3662059619.jpg

image-2210570312.jpg

image-4164711298.jpg

Does one have the blue spangles on gills and the other not? I'm no expert but I think the males have them but ladies do not. Could be wrong but I'm sure ram lovers will chime in! I have a 36 gallon I'm planning to rear fry in but am really wanting to try rams and a school of something else. If you don't mind how much we're they?

I agree with what you're saying and I'll still stay and what for what others have to say. One does have the blue spots and all but I want to make sure.

As for price: I think they were $4.95? each.

As far as I can tell from the pics..it looks like a male and female. Couple of the pics you can see the pink belly on the female and also on the one without pink you can see it's head shape and no blue can be seen through the black circle on it's side.

Since their tops fins are down I can't tell of that. If they're really sticking together you maybe got lucky and got a pair.

Back
Top Bottom