Male Kribensis and Male GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

questionnaire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! Just wanted to mention that I have 3 planted tanks and 1 semi-planted tank of varying sizes and fish, just so there isn't any confusion as to my experience before I make this post lol

In my 55 gallon, it was originally divided for my breeding pair of Kribensis, but once the fry were big enough I moved them and the mom to a separate tank so my 55 could finally become my show tank. But, now that that has happened, my male krib likes to charge and somewhat nip at my GBR, who is similarly sized (I bought him as an xlg, at around 3"). My GBR isn't as timid as others so he isn't as bothered, but he seems to rather hang out in the corner most of the time to prevent an altercation. A couple of times he rushed the kribensis himself but couldn't get the upper hand.

Most people say that kribensis aren't greedy when staking claims to the tank, but mine is lol I would just like for them to have equal territories. I also just changed he floor decor of the tank, which seems to have made their relationship better a little bit as my Kribensis is too busy charging the other fish because he likes it so much to care about my GBR.

Essentially, my questions are:

-Other than adding more hides and dither fish, is there any way to pull attention away from eachother?
-Is there a way to make my GBR more confident?
-Would it be a bad idea to add Angelfish? I know they bother eachother more so than anyone else, but would it make my Kribensis more aggressive in that case. Or would new tenants make him more docile?

I wasn't able to find any threads like this one (mostly they are about if you can breed them in the same tank, which, for me, is a no-no), so any and all advice is appreciated. Also, I can insert pictures if needed. Thanks!

Hi! It's pretty much sorted out. I added more fish (7 rummynose tetras and 3 mollies), which caused the kribensis to have less control over his territory and my German Blue ram had the opportunity to make himself higher in the hierarchy. It's a couple days later from that, and it seems my Kribensis has won one of their chasing scuffles and now he's the top guy. The chasing isn't as bad as before now that there is more going on in the tank. Thanks for asking!

Back
Top Bottom