Male or Female

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pictures of the salvini and green terror

Male or female

Attachments

• IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0624.jpg
    IMAG0624.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0636.jpg
    IMAG0636.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 89
Both look male to me, but I am exhausted from working, so wait from confirmation from others like Mog, Gillie, or HUKIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Need clearer pictures or video. I can't tell if the Salvini has the blotch on the dorsal or not.

Are you able to tell by these pictures? I think they are both male as the person above stated, just looking for confirmation.

Attachments

• IMAG0669.jpg
    IMAG0669.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0653.jpg
    IMAG0653.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 66
Salvini is a female

Even with that dorsal fin? I know it's not always a male characteristic, but I thought salvini usually kept true to that?

Even with that dorsal fin? I know it's not always a male characteristic, but I thought salvini usually kept true to that?

Yes, she has a dorsal flag and spot on the operculum. Females can get extended dorsal.

Look at the trailers on my female mixteco.

The salvini laid eggs and the green terror fertilized them. Being such different species, do the fry stand a chance?

I would pull the eggs. If they do hatch and the salvini decides to protect them the rest of your stock will be toast. Plus I don't think the fry would be healthy.

Back
Top Bottom