Mbuna Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sadaas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Just looking for some opinions on good food for mbunas. I've heard spirulina is good and other vegetables like cucumber and lettuce do a good job. Any other suggestions or branded food that'll work well that someone can recommend?

I've been using API tropical greens for now and they seem to love it they tare it up, have also ordered just spirulina flake and they loved that too

I suggest NLS or Omega One. You can also give them zucchini. Let the algae grow on your rocks because they are grazers and will eat that as well

I suggest NLS or Omega One. You can also give them zucchini. Let the algae grow on your rocks because they are grazers and will eat that as well

+1, can't go wrong with NLS and find a secondary brand like Hikari or Omega to mix things up.

Awesome, thanks. Struggling to find a shop in my area (Johannesburg) that stocks nls, anyone know of any? But managed to find a New Era distributor, any opinions on their products? Will try them on some zucchini for sure.

New Era is good as well. Check Amazon too since they usually have a good price on most of the food.

Check online, new era is ok but no substitute for NLS in my eyes.

Yeah, NLS has pretty much been the standard every other brand has been trying to match. If they do ship to your location, Amazon sells a 600g container for $20 I believe, should last quite a while :)

Thanks all, great help. Still looking for an nls retailer in SA (since Amazon US doesn't ship here), hopefully find someone soon.

Back
Top Bottom